Join IEEE-SA & Save!
IEEE-SA Individual Members save 10% (on average)* on most standards purchased through IEEE. Learn more about IEEE-SA membership
* Actual savings vary per standard
IEEE-SA STANDARDS BOARD RESOLUTIONSAugust 2013
The SASB officially recognized the Voting Systems Standards Committee of the Computer Society, to be abbreviated as C/VSSC, as an official Sponsor, in accordance with IEEE-SASB Bylaws clause 5.2.2, bullet d).March 2013
With the exception of IEEE 1680 related appeals, the SASB suspends consideration of any current or future requests relating to IEEE EASC activities until working groups for its open PARs are formed and work begins using the Policies and Procedures supplied by the SASB in December 2012.
The SASB approved the Administrative Withdrawal of the Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society’s Policies and Procedures due to the lack of progress since expiration of their existing Policies and Procedures.December 2012
The SASB directed that the C/EASC WG P&P, as revised by the SASB, be used immediately by all EASC working groups for at least one year.
An SASB Oversight Committee for C/EASC activities will be created by the SASB Chair and serve until disbanded. The Oversight Committee will conduct elections for new working group officers for all C/EASC WGs, in accordance with the C/EASC WG P&P.June 2012
The SASB disbanded the SASB Oversight Committee and approved DySPAN-SC as a Sponsor.
Pending the approval of DySPAN-SC P&Ps, DySPAN-SC shall operate using the existing COMSOC-SB P&Ps, with the substitution of DySPAN-SC in the places where COMSOC Standards Board is referred to as the Sponsor.
The P1900.X projects were transferred from COMSOC-SB to DySPAN-SC.December 2011
The SASB officially recognized the Power Line Communications Standards Committee of the Communications Society, to be abbreviated as COM/PLC, as an official Sponsor, in accordance with IEEE-SASB Bylaws clause 5.2.2, bullet d).
The SASB approved the request that the following projects, sponsored by ComSoc, be transferred to COM/PLC as they deal with PLC related topics:
- IEEE 1901™
- IEEE 1775™ - Co-sponsored with PES
The SASB SCC41/1900.4 Oversight Committee is authorized to share appropriate information, in confidence, with the COMSOC Standards Board to assist with its integration of DySPAN activities into COMSOC.March 2011
Whereas the Communications Society Standards Board is currently the Sponsor for all projects previously sponsored by SCC41, the SASB decided that consideration of the establishment of DySPAN-SC as a Sponsor be deferred until the Standards Board is satisfied that the proposed Sponsor will operate in a fair and open manner and perform proper oversight of its projects.December 2010
The SASB is satisfied with the operations of SCC41, and therefore new PARs may be submitted and approved. The SASB therefore removes the prohibition of new PARs for SCC41. The SASB expects that the process changes implemented in order to comply with the previous resolutions will continue to be observed. The SASB also approves the continued authorization of an oversight committee with the retention of any powers previously granted to the committee.
The SASB authorizes that all activities of SCC41 be transferred to the Communication Society Standards Board and that SCC41 be disbanded. As indicated by ComSoc, the ComSoc Standards Board is expected to cooperate with the EMC Society on projects of interest to the EMC Society. The SASB requests a report from the ComSoc Standards Board at the March 2011 SASB meeting describing the status of the transfer of SCC41 activities.September 2010
Move that the SASB instructs the 1900.4 WG to designate the entire WG as the comment resolution committee for P1900.4a™.June 2010
Move that the SASB delegates to the Oversight Committee approval of a waiver of the requirement that the interim chair of the 1900.4 WG be an entity member.
Move that all activities of C/IA P1667™ be suspended on 1 July 2010 unless and until their L50-S report is filed.March 2010
1900.4 WG/SCC41: Recommendations:
- Request SCC41 Chair appoint a new chair for the 1900.4 working group.
- WG Officers are subject to approval of SASB Oversight Committee.
- No meetings of 1900.4 Working Group after the effective date of the resignation of the current WG Chair until new WG Chair is approved.
- No new SCC41 PARs will be approved until the SASB is satisfied with the operations of SCC41 and the 1900.4 working group.
- The SASB endorses the SASB Oversight Committee (OC) directed P&P changes and authorizes the OC to mandate additional modifications as deemed necessary.
- SASB empowers an Oversight Committee for SCC41 and the 1900.4 WG to assist those groups in implementing the following recommendations and to provide ongoing guidance.
- SASB instructs SCC41 to continue to follow its approved P&P (version 10.0, accepted by AudCom 3/27/2008).
- SASB instructs SCC41 to maintain current leadership (willing to serve) at the SCC and WG levels in all positions until further notice, for the purposes of stability.
- SASB instructs SCC41 to stop its default practice of waiving meeting fees for leadership.
- SASB will provide a mentor for the 1900.4 WG to help develop P&Ps compatible with the draft entity baseline WG P&P.
- SASB directs 1900.4 WG to stop the practice of creating 'candidate text for draft standards' and begin to create a draft standard.
- SASB supports, appreciates, and directs the 1900.4 WG’s vote to use a 75% approval rate for all technical decisions.
Implementation for Obligations of the Participant policy will be scheduled for 31 March 2010 to coincide with the implementation of the copyright policy.
Move that the SASB support the SCC18 Chair in the execution of his plan to review and re-ballot the draft SCC18 P&Ps for consideration by AudCom by 31 January 2010, and to begin reconstitution of SCC18 by 1 February 2010.
Accept the results of the SCC27 disbandment ballot and disband SCC27 effective immediately and transfer responsibility of existing SCC27 projects to UFFC.September 2009
Instruct the P1900.4 WG to use the April 2008 P&P until new WG P&P are duly accepted by SCC41 and the SASB.
Instruct SCC41 to follow its accepted P&P and governance documents in its operation and formation of subgroups.June 2009
Move that the activities of the C/IA P1667 WG will be suspended on 22 June 2009 unless and until their L50-S form is received and accepted by staff.
- Based on the recommendation from SCC38, disband SCC38.
- Move P1622 sponsorship to the Computer Society.
Move that the IEEE-SA Standards Board delay the distribution and publishing of IEEE Std. 605™-2008 and direct the Sponsor to address the technical concerns raised after the December approval through either a corrigendum or a revision project.
Move to support Communications Society Standards Board’s establishment of a P1901™ Oversight Committee; further the SASB supports the Oversight Committee’s establishment of a financial model to address expenses in connection with this oversight, the cost of which will be levied on the IEEE P1901 working group.December 2008
SCC10 and SCC36 have been disbanded, effective immediately.September 2008
The Standards Board directs SCC18 to complete work on the revision of its P&Ps, submit them to the SASB Audit Committee, and have an Audit Committee status of at least ‘visibly under development’. If this status is not achieved in the December 2008 SASB meeting series, the Standards Board will consider suspending SCC18’s external representative privileges at its December 2008 meeting.
Move that the IEEE-SASB endorse the following three recommendations of the SCC Coordinators on SCC10.
- Take steps to disband SCC10
- Change a key IEEE Standards Style Manual rule regarding definitions
- Ask ProCom and AudCom to develop guidelines and best practices
Move to suspend the activities of SCC10 until their L50-S form is received and accepted by staff. Following acceptance, the work of the group will be reinstated. During this suspension, staff is directed to perform the duties of mandatory coordination.
Move that the activities of RAS be suspended until their L50-S form is received and accepted by staff. Following acceptance, the work of the group will be reinstated.