IEEE SA offers organizations such as corporations, universities and governments a membership option that affords participants the ability to engage and influence technology development to ensure their organizations’ interests are represented.
This IEEE SA Membership option, also known as Entity Membership, is recommended for companies and organizations in which standards play a pivotal role in research, product development, and marketing. Organizational Members, or Entity Members, enjoy networking and access to a broad cross-section of industry thought leaders and standards development participants.
All entity standards are balloted using a “one-entity, one-vote” principle, ensuring a uniform playing field among standards collaborators.
This membership program invites diverse, global participation and cross-discipline expertise:
- Small-Midsize Companies
- Multinational & Global Corporations
- Government Agencies
- Trade Associations
- User Groups
- Other Standards Development Organizations (SDOs)
Program Tiers Designed to Fit Your Organization
IEEE SA offers Entity Membership tiers based on the size of your organization.
Entity Members engage in the standards development process with unlimited balloting privileges, eligibility for leadership positions, networking opportunities and value-added benefits. Entity Members and Entity Member Representatives can also exercise voting privileges in an unlimited number of entity-based projects. (Additional fees may apply)
Entity Membership Benefits at a Glance
Working Group Activities
- Unlimited entity working group attendance as participants and observers
- Ability to initiate new entity standards projects
- Voting privileges in an unlimited number of entity projects (additional working group fees may apply)
- Unlimited sponsor balloting of entity projects
- Eligibility to serve as Working Group officers on entity standards projects
Governance Nomination Privileges
- Participation in and nomination of employees for IEEE SA Entity Collaborative Activities Governance Board (CAG) and Board of Governors (BOG) elections
- Ability to subscribe to working group email reflector
- Receive SA newsletter with updates, events, activities
Value-Added Features & Options
- Complimentary IEEE SA individual memberships, depending on entity membership tier
- IEEE standards discounts via your complimentary individual memberships
- Free company listing on IEEE SA Entity Members Full Listing
- Listing of individuals who have declared affiliation with your company and expressed interest in IEEE SA entity working groups, upon request
Entity Members can also take advantage of:
- Access to the Entity Membership Portal, a one-stop location for all your membership needs
- Assignment of an IEEE SA Program Manager for guidance on navigating the Standards Development process
- Complementary Marketing Tools and Templates
- Training & Development Opportunities
Entity Membership Annual Fees
|Membership Pricing Tiers
|Tier 1 – Corporations with less than $5 million annual revenue, academic institutions, associations, nonprofits, government agencies.
Includes 2 individual memberships
|Tier 2 – Corporations with $5 to $100 million annual revenue.
Includes 5 individual memberships
|Tier 3 – Corporations with $100 to $500 million annual revenue.
Includes 7 individual memberships
|Tier 4 – Corporations with more than $500 million in annual revenue.
Includes 10 individual memberships
Please contact us for Per Ballot Fees.
I would like to take action!
I want to explore other areas.
Entity Membership is required for working group member or voting privileges. If you are not a member, but looking to get involved in a different capacity, please contact the working group to discuss.
Every entity participating in an IEEE SA entity standards working group is required to be an Entity Member of IEEE SA to become a working group member or hold voting privileges.