IEEE SA offers organizations such as corporations, universities and governments a membership option that affords participants the ability to engage and influence technology development to ensure their organizations’ interests are represented.
This IEEE SA Membership option, also known as Entity Membership, is recommended for companies and organizations in which standards play a pivotal role in research, product development, and marketing. Organizational Members, or Entity Members, enjoy networking and access to a broad cross-section of industry thought leaders and standards development participants.
All entity standards are balloted using a “one-entity, one-vote” principle, ensuring a uniform playing field among standards collaborators.
The Entity Membership Program invites diverse, global participation and cross-discipline expertise:
- Small-Midsize Companies
- Multinational & Global Corporations
- Government Agencies
- Trade Associations
- User Groups
- Other Standards Development Organizations (SDOs)
Program Tiers Designed to Fit Your Organization
IEEE SA offers Entity Membership tiers based on the size of your organization.
Entity Members engage in the standards development process with unlimited balloting privileges, eligibility for leadership positions, networking opportunities and value-added benefits. Entity Members and Entity Member Representatives can also exercise voting privileges in an unlimited number of entity-based projects. (Additional fees may apply)
Entity Membership Benefits at a Glance
- Unlimited entity working group attendance as observers
- Unlimited sponsor balloting of entity projects
- Tiered number (see Dues below) of complimentary IEEE SA individual memberships
- Participation in and nomination of employees for IEEE SA Entity Collaborative Activities Governance Board (CAG) and Board of Governors (BOG) elections
- Receive SA newsletter with news, alerts and events information plus gain access private web areas
- Subscribe to corporate standards working group public reflectors
- Free listing on IEEE SA Entity Channel
- Listing of individuals who have declared affiliation with your company and expressed interest in IEEE SA entity working groups, upon request
- Unlimited entity working group attendance as participants
- Gain voting privileges in an unlimited number of entity projects (additional working group fees may apply)
- Initiate new entity standards projects
- Eligibility to serve as working group officers for entity standards projects
Entity Membership Annual Fees
|Membership Pricing Tiers||Price|
|Tier 1 – Corporations with less than $5 million annual revenue, academic institutions, associations, nonprofits, government agencies.
Includes 2 individual memberships
|Tier 2 – Corporations with $5 to $100 million annual revenue.
Includes 5 individual memberships
|Tier 3 – Corporations with $100 to $500 million annual revenue.
Includes 7 individual memberships
|Tier 4 – Corporations with more than $500 million in annual revenue.
Includes 10 individual memberships
Please contact us for Per Ballot Fees.
What would you like to do next?
Even if you’re not ready for membership, you can still take part in the individual-based standards development process. Many working groups welcome the participation of non-members. You can contribute your ideas and help to create the standard. You can even make use of our myProject™ system.
However, you will be unable to actually ballot on the standard or hold any type of leadership role in the working group until you become a member.