Welcome to IEEE SA Open
A community-powered platform for open source projects.
Impact through Open Source
Open source has changed the landscape of technology development, speeding innovation and enabling radical advancements in the way we live, work and communicate. It has also impacted the standards world, providing opportunities for dynamic new collaborations that can further advance and improve technology. Aligned with IEEE’s mission, values, and body of work, IEEE SA Open supports standards through building communities of technology collaboration.
About IEEE SA Open
IEEE SA Open is a comprehensive open source development platform designed to bring together:
- The power of robust, familiar open source development tools with IEEE’s unparalleled network, technical expertise and resources that empower independent software developers, startups, projects, foundations and industry organizations around the world to create, test, manage and deploy projects in a collaborative, safe and responsible environment.
- Global standards development and open-source developer communities working to accelerate the development and adoption of technical solutions.
- People and organizations that have common goals to drive innovation for technological advancements that positively impact the way people live, work, and communicate.
Why IEEE SA Open?
IEEE SA Open is a comprehensive open source development platform that promotes diversity and inclusiveness. We foster community success with a strong infrastructure, tech support, and training. IEEE SA Open helps bridge the gap between global standards, corporations, not-for-profits, government, academia, and open-source communities with experienced and neutral governance.
Benefits of IEEE SA Open include:
- “Open” governance model to help guide participants through development, testing, management and deployment of innovative projects
- Access to a diverse community of IEEE members from across many technical disciplines and fields
- Grounded in an organization deeply experienced in facilitating technological research, advancement, and change for decades
- Aligned with IEEE’s principles of openness, transparency, consensus and inclusion
Connect with us at an upcoming event.
State of Open Con 23
7-8 February 2023 | London
OpenUK will be hosting a 1000-person plus, two-day conference in Central London, “State of Open Con 23” in association with IEEE, the headline sponsor.
IEEE SA Open Workshop
10 February 2023 | New Delhi
Join us at the Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi campus to learn about open source and how it can help markets succeed, governments and cities meet the needs of their citizens and residents, and how it can impact the world.
9-12 March 2023 | Pasadena, CA
SCaLE is the largest community-run open-source and free software conference in North America. It is held annually in the greater Los Angeles area.
All Things Open 2023
15-18 October 2023 | Raleigh, NC
Please save the date now and plan to attend the 11th iteration of the largest open source / tech / web conference on the U.S. east coast. The location will again be the Raleigh Convention Center (RCC) in downtown Raleigh, NC and the greater Research Triangle Park (RTP) region.
1-2 November 2023 | Santa Clara, CA
The Serious Open Source for the benefit of Humanity (SOSH) Conference will focus on the practice, development, and implementation of Open Source software, hardware, data and research related to the IEEE mission–to develop technology for the benefit of humanity.
Registration Coming Soon
Support and Service Options Customized for Your Needs
IEEE SA Open Community
Use the IEEE SA Open Platform with a FREE account to create, manage, and collaborate with projects. You and your team can contribute to open source projects, and leverage our governance and licensing at no cost.
IEEE SA Open Venture
With the IEEE’s decades of knowledge and resources, we enable leaders to launch their organization in a matter of weeks instead of months. We handle the legal, logistical, licensing, branding, management, and community activities so you only have to focus on the technical work.
IEEE SA Open Philanthropy
You can support a specific technology or topic in open source that benefits humanity through donations made to our fund. A custom technology community is created inside of the IEEE SA Open Platform for your organization and is customized to help your technological needs.
The IEEE SA Open Ecosystem
IEEE SA Open delivers the features and support you need to build and expand your project from the ground up. It’s secure, easy to get started and comes with a range of integrated capabilities and services. Increase your project’s visibility, drive adoption, and grow your community by making the IEEE SA Open the home for your next project.