About the Program
Each year IEEE SA invites colleagues from national and regional standards bodies and affiliated government ministries to join its Standards Fellowship Program. To date, we have welcomed over 77 professionals from 43 organizations in 37 countries.
Held in parallel with the IEEE SA Standards Board meetings, participants in this program have an extraordinary opportunity to:
Get exposed to standardization-related topics, developments, and issues. Learn more about how IEEE SA is empowering the world’s innovators to shape and improve technology.
Network with industry and standardization experts, as well as your peers from national and regional standard bodies.
Strengthen relationships with IEEE and other standards bodies or ministries.
Gain knowledge about the IEEE standards ecosystem, from standards incubation and development to conformity assessment.
The program offers:
- Tutorials and presentations on IEEE Standards Programs and processes, as well as topics selected by the program participants
- The opportunity to attend IEEE SA Standards Board (SASB) meetings to experience first-hand the standard development governance process in practice
- Opportunities to establish relationships with industry and standards experts
- Visibility for an organization to an international audience of standardization experts
- The option to participate in IEEE standards working groups developing industry standards and opportunities to get engaged in IEEE standards governance groups and committees
All applicants must:
- Be currently employed by a national or regional standards body, or by an affiliated government ministry
- Have a thorough understanding of the national/regional standards work program
- Have an understanding of standards development processes
- Be capable of appropriately representing their employer and their standards-related issues and information
- Be willing to continue to engage with IEEE after the IEEE SA Standards Fellowship Program
- Speak and read English
Candidates will be selected based on whether an IEEE MoU or other collaborations are in place, and will consider professional and geographical diversity.
Selected candidates will be asked to officially register for the IEEE SA Standards Fellowship Program.
Close to the start of the program, participants are invited to a Welcome Call with IEEE SA staff and fellow IEEE SA Standards Fellowship Program participants where they will be able to meet each other and be briefed about the program proceedings.