About the Program
Each year IEEE SA welcomes colleagues from National and Regional standards bodies and affiliated government ministries to join its Standards Fellowship Program. The program offers participants from around the world the opportunity to observe the IEEE standards development process during the Standards Board meeting series. To date, the program has welcomed over 70 professionals from 34 countries.
Participants learn about technical areas of interest and make connections with IEEE experts and standardization communities through customized program sessions held alongside the Standards Board meetings. They address standardization-related topics, developments and issues with each other through roundtable sessions, and they have the opportunity to get involved in IEEE standards development work and related programs.
Read our FAQ to learn more.
- Receive tutorials about IEEE/SA and on relevant areas of interest
- Meet experts in your organization’s areas of interest
- Meet colleagues from other national or regional standards bodies, or government bodies
- Explore cooperative activities
- Attend meetings of the IEEE Standards Association Standards Board (SASB)
- Present your organization to an international audience of standardization experts
- Get involved in the IEEE standards development work
- Contribute to IEEE working groups
How to Participate
- The first phase of the selection process is done online where you can confirm your interest via an online submission. All applicants must:
- Be currently employed by a national or regional standards body, or by an affiliated government ministry
- Have a thorough understanding of the national/regional standards work program
- Have an understanding of standards development processes
- Be capable of appropriately representing their employer and their standards-related issues and information
- Be willing to continue to engage with IEEE after the IEEE SA Standards Fellowship Program
- Speak English
Candidates will be selected based on whether an IEEE MoU or other collaborations are in place, and will consider professional and geographical diversity.
- Selected candidates will be asked to officially register for the IEEE SA Standards Fellowship Program.
- Close to the start of the program, participants are invited to a Welcome Call with IEEE SA staff and fellow IEEE SA Standards Fellowship Program participants where they will be able to meet each other, and be briefed about the program proceedings