IEEE SA Awards FAQ
Answers to questions about the Awards Nomination process.
Self-nominations are not allowed for IEEE SA awards.
Nominations for IEEE SA awards are accepted from 1 February until 31 July.
Any organization or person can be nominated. Candidates, nominators, and endorsers cannot currently be:
- An employee of IEEE
- An independent contractor to IEEE who is providing services to IEEE SA
- A voting member of the IEEE SA Board of Governors (BOG)
- A current member of IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee (ArCom)
- Deceased (no posthumous nominations)
- A past recipient of an award in the category for which the nomination is submitted.
Go to the specific award page to see the eligibility criteria for each award.
We ask that, if possible, nominators and endorsers do not inform candidates that they are under consideration, since a limited number of recipients are chosen each year from among several worthy individuals.
The IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee (ArCom) is responsible for administering the IEEE SA awards program. After the nomination period closes, ArCom acts on behalf of the BOG to receive nominations and recommend candidates for BOG approval, as appropriate, for IEEE standards awards.
Login allows nominators to track their nominations, and to send reminders to endorsers. This added feature is intended to provide secure connections, to assure your privacy and that of the candidates.
The online nomination platform works best in Chrome, Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer 11 and up.