Conformity Assessment Award
This award may be presented annually to an individual or entity to recognize major contributions to the development and promotion of IEEE standards products through conformity assessment activities. Major contributions include but are not limited to the following examples:
- Leadership in developing new IEEE conformity assessment and certification programs
- Enhancing the visibility of IEEE conformity assessment and certification programs
- Promoting the understanding and application of conformity assessment programs as a means of accelerating market adoption of IEEE standards
- Leading and contributing towards development of innovative test tools, test suites and test methodologies.
This recognition consists of an engraved wooden plaque. There is no honorarium attached to this award.
The award is presented by the IEEE SA President at the SA Awards Ceremony
- Recipient honored at the IEEE SA Awards Ceremony (see previous ceremony)
- Honoree highlight via press release
- Recognition on IEEE SA website and social media post
Recipients need not be members of IEEE or IEEE SA. There are no restrictions or preferences as to the nationality, race, sex, creed or age.
Annual Deadline 31 July
This award is sponsored by the IEEE Standards Association, administered by the IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee.
Conformity Assessment Award Past Recipients
IEEE NPEC Conformity Assessment Steering Committee
For contributions made to create conformity assessment programs for IEEE nuclear standards and for aiding the industry in streamlining equipment qualification activities using EQ Navigator
For leadership and commitment toward designing and operationalizing the IEEE 2030.1.1 Electric Vehicle Charging Conformity Assessment Program
For outstanding leadership and support in the effort to ensure a reliable grid through the IEEE 1547 Commissioning Conformity Assessment Program
For work in launching the first IEEE 802.3 standards based Power over Ethernet certification program in September 2017
For exceptional commitment and vision leading the IEEE 1547 Commissioning Conformity Assessment Program
Allen R. Goldstein
For his outstanding continued leadership of the IEEE Synchrophasor Measurement Test Suite Specification development and maintenance
Join global thought leaders, industry and technology experts to help change the way people live, work and communicate.
IEEE SA Membership
The type of membership, individual or corporate, necessary depends on the types of projects on which you wish to participate.