Call For Nominations
For questions about the nomination process, email
The IEEE SA Awards Process
Nominations for IEEE SA awards are solicited from all members of the standards development community. The IEEE SA Awards and Recognition Committee (ArCom) is responsible for administering the IEEE SA awards program. Approval of IEEE standards award recipients and the submittal of nominations for awards sponsored by other organizations are also handled by ArCom. All nominations and deliberations are kept confidential. Individuals chosen to receive awards are honored each year at the IEEE SA Awards Ceremony in December.
Submit a nomination for an IEEE SA award. The information below describes the criteria and step-by-step instructions on submitting an IEEE SA awards nomination:
Submitting Your Nomination
- View list of IEEE SA Standards Awards. Select the applicable award. Check the criteria and eligibility requirements (PDF) to make sure that your candidate appears qualified for the award.
- Check the list of past recipients to make sure your candidate has not already won the same award.
- Identify 3-5 endorsers for the candidate. Endorsers will receive an auto-generated email upon final submission of the online nomination form. Nominators are encouraged to contact endorsers ahead of time to inform them of the upcoming endorsement request. Possible endorsers include professional colleagues or fellow volunteers. Letters that comment knowledgeably on the impact of the candidate's specific achievements are helpful, and endorsers are encouraged to provide any information that would be relevant to the nominee's candidacy. For example, endorsers may answer the following general questions:
- What are the candidate's contributions that are deserving of recognition?
- What is your relationship to the candidate, and how have you gained your knowledge of his/her contributions to the development of standards products?
- How has the candidate demonstrated leadership in identifying opportunities to better serve the needs of standards users?
- If possible, please document the business, economic, and/or technical impact of the candidate's contributions.
- If possible, please do not inform candidates that they are under consideration, since a limited number of recipients are chosen each year from among several worthy individuals.
- Nominees, nominators, and endorsers cannot currently be:
- Nominee cannot be deceased (no posthumous nominations).
- Nominee cannot have previously received an award in the category for which the nomination is submitted.
Thank you for your interest in the IEEE SA Awards. Your nomination continues the tradition of honoring outstanding participation in standards development activities.
"Many challenges remain to be overcome, so may we never forget that. This award will ensure that I, for one, do not."
- Melvin Reynolds, Recipient, 2014 IEEE SA International Award