The Nomination Period is 1 February - 31 July.
For questions about the process, email
The IEEE SA Awards Process
The information below describes the criteria and step-by-step instructions on submitting an IEEE SA awards nomination:
Submitting Your Nomination
- View list of IEEE SA Standards Awards. Select the applicable award. Check the criteria and eligibility requirements (PDF) to make sure that your candidate appears qualified for the award.
- Check the list of past recipients to make sure your candidate has not already won the same award.
- Identify 3-5 endorsers for the candidate. Endorsers will receive an auto-generated email upon final submission of the online nomination form. Nominators are encouraged to contact endorsers ahead of time to inform them of the upcoming endorsement request. Possible endorsers include professional colleagues or fellow volunteers. Letters that comment knowledgeably on the impact of the candidate's specific achievements are helpful, and endorsers are encouraged to provide any information that would be relevant to the nominee's candidacy. For example, endorsers may answer the following general questions:
- What are the candidate's contributions that are deserving of recognition?
- What is your relationship to the candidate, and how have you gained your knowledge of his/her contributions to the development of standards products?
- How has the candidate demonstrated leadership in identifying opportunities to better serve the needs of standards users?
- If possible, please document the business, economic, and/or technical impact of the candidate's contributions.
- If possible, please do not inform candidates that they are under consideration, since a limited number of recipients are chosen each year from among several worthy individuals.
- Nominees, nominators, and endorsers cannot currently be:
- An employee of IEEE
- An independent contractor to IEEE who is providing services to IEEE SA
- A voting member of the IEEE SA Board of Governors
- A current member of ArCom
- Nominee cannot be deceased (no posthumous nominations).
- Nominee cannot self nominate.
- Nominee cannot have previously received an award in the category for which the nomination is submitted.
Thank you for your interest in the IEEE SA Awards. Your nomination continues the tradition of honoring outstanding participation in standards development activities.
"Many challenges remain to be overcome, so may we never forget that. This award will ensure that I, for one, do not."
- Melvin Reynolds, Recipient, 2014 IEEE SA International Award