get involved in standards development
Participation is open to everyone and it's easy to get involved. Learn more
EMERGING TECHNOLOGY AWARD
The Emerging Technology Award may be presented annually to an individual, working group, or company that has advanced, initiated, or progressed a new technology within the IEEE-SA open consensus process, and which meet the following criteria:
- The IEEE-SA work product is a balloted standards document, a standard, recommended practice, or guide. It is not necessary for the final document to be approved, but substantial progress beyond the PAR is necessary.
- The IEEE-SA work product is the first, or one of few such activities for the technology, industry, or market(s) for which it is targeted.
- A technology, industry, or market where broad consensus agreements are not yet widely deployed, or not yet fully commercialized.
- The IEEE-SA work product has positive market relevance.
- The effort places IEEE in a leadership position.
- The contribution extends the IEEE-SA standards portfolio.
Recognition consists of a sculpture and certificate. There is no honorarium attached to this award.
The recipient must be an IEEE-SA member. The eligible candidate, if an individual, may be the champion, project initiator, or prominent contributor to the effort. There are no restrictions or preferences as to the nationality, race, sex, creed or age.
Annual Deadline 31 July
Nominate a party for this award
Suggested Location for Presentation of Award:
The award is to be presented at the annual IEEE-SA Awards Ceremony. There is no funding from the IEEE-SA Board of Governors for the recipient for travel to or accommodations at the award venue.
This award is sponsored by the IEEE Standards Association, administered by the IEEE-SA Awards and Recognition Committee.