IEEE SA is building an ecosystem of interested stakeholders from across the globe in order to address challenges of pharmaceutical value chain and positively impact patient outcomes through the creation of the Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice.
One of Healthcare and Life Sciences (H&LS) Practice’s focus is to help drive technology innovations in order to move towards an optimized and efficient drug development and distribution system. IEEE SA’s H&LS practice is working hard to help the industry address challenges in:
- drug research and development
- clinical trial operations
- patient recruitment/retention
- tracking and security of supply chains
The average time for a drug therapy to go from R&D to market distribution is 8 to 12 years with a price tag of US$2-3 Billion.
- Research Report: The State of Blockchain Adoption for the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Peer-Reviewed Article – ‘Fit-for-purpose?’ — Challenges And Opportunities For Applications Of Blockchain Technology In The Future Of Healthcare
- Driving Innovation: Blockchain Adoption for Clinical Trials Optimization
- Blockchain & The Pharma Supply Chain — Beyond DSCSA Compliance