IEEE SA Healthcare and Life Sciences (HLS) is building an ecosystem of stakeholders from across the globe in order to address challenges of the pharmaceutical value chain and positively impact patient outcomes.
The average time for drug therapy to go from R&D to market distribution is 8 to 12 years, with a price tag of US$2-3 Billion. IEEE SA HLS helps drive technological innovations in order to move toward an optimized and efficient drug development and distribution system. IEEE SA HLS helps the industry address challenges in:
- drug research and development,
- clinical trial operations,
- patient recruitment/retention, and
- tracking and security of supply chains.
- Research Report: The State of Blockchain Adoption for the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Peer-Reviewed Article – ‘Fit-for-purpose?’ — Challenges And Opportunities For Applications Of Blockchain Technology In The Future Of Healthcare
- Driving Innovation: Blockchain Adoption for Clinical Trials Optimization
- Blockchain & The Pharma Supply Chain — Beyond DSCSA Compliance