The Ethertype provides a context for interpretation of the data field of an Ethernet/802.3™ data frame (protocol identification). Refer to IEEE Std 802.3, clause 3 and especially sub-clauses 3.1.1 and 3.2.6. See also IEEE Std 802® sub-clause 10.4.
|Publicly Registered Ethertype||US $3,095||US $3,095|
Please search the public listing to determine whether your organization has already been issued an assignment. If so, you may email us to obtain contact information for the assignment.
- Log in or create an account in order to apply for an assignment.
- A tracking number will be sent via email to the applicant. Any questions regarding your application will be sent via email to the primary email address provided at time of application.
- Applications are reviewed within 90 days and additional clarification may be required by our review committee.
- Once the application has been approved, it will be processed within 7 business days. Assignment details are sent to the primary applicant upon approval or rejection.
- IEEE 802.3™ (ISO/IEC 8802-3)
- IEEE 802®