The Ethertype provides a context for interpretation of the data field of an Ethernet/802.3™ data frame (protocol identification). Refer to IEEE Std 802.3, clause 3 and especially sub-clauses 3.1.1 and 3.2.6. See also IEEE Std 802® sub-clause 10.4.
|Publicly Registered Ethertype||US $2,915||US $2,915|
- Complete and electronically submit the Ethertype application. Applications expire after 30 days.
- A tracking number and any questions regarding your application will be sent via email to the REQUESTOR.
- Applications are reviewed within 90 days; additional clarification may be required by the review committee.
- Once the application is approved, it will be processed within 7 business days from RECEIPT of payment. Assignment details and a Paid Invoice are sent to the REQUESTOR.
- The public Ethertype listing is updated once every 24 hours, due to this new assignments will not be immediately available in the directory.
- IEEE 802.3™ (ISO/IEC 8802-3)
- IEEE 802®