The purpose of this Initiative is to ensure every technologist is educated, trained, and empowered to prioritize ethical considerations in the design and development of autonomous and intelligent systems.
- View specifics regarding the Mission and deliverables for the Initiative.
- See a list of The Initiative’s Executive and other Committees.
- Learn more from Frequently Asked Questions.
Ethically Aligned Design, Version 1 - Request For Input
Ethically Aligned Design: A Vision for Prioritizing Human Wellbeing with Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems represents the collective input of over one hundred global thought leaders from academia, science, government and corporate sectors in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, ethics, philosophy, and policy.
|Download Complete Document||Download Overview|
Details on how to submit comments and feedback regarding Version 1 of the Ethically Aligned Design (EAD) can be found via the Submission Guidelines. Individuals interested in specific content within the EAD can submit feedback on the following sections relevant to their particular interests:
- Executive Summary
- General Principles
- Embedding Values Into Autonomous Intelligent Systems
- Methodologies to Guide Ethical Research and Design
- Safety and Beneficence of Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) and Artificial Superintelligence (ASI)
- Personal Data and Individual Access Control
- Reframing Autonomous Weapons Systems
- Economics/Humanitarian Issues
Join the Conversation
We're creating a Vision for Prioritizing Human Wellbeing with Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems and we need your help. Learn more about how to join the conversation and Make #OURAIVISION Your Own.
Exploration of this activity may include:
- Proposals for standardization projects, certifications, and codes of conduct
- Comprehensive roadmaps, white papers and educational materials that may include Massively Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Certification materials and/or programs
- An efficient, economical environment for building consensus and producing shared results
- Language for codes of conduct or principles regarding ethics and autonomous systems to be iterated in open collaborative groups
- Proposals for conferences and summits
- Cooperation with additional industry alliances focused in this field
We invite you to join experts that span the fields of engineering, law, science, economics, ethics, philosophy, politics, and health in this work. The Initiative is global, open and inclusive, welcoming all individuals or representatives of organizations dedicated to advancing technology for humanity by prioritizing ethical considerations in the design of autonomous systems that include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Cognitive Computing
- Affective Computing
- Algorithmically based programs
To best advance technology for humanity with regard to autonomous systems, The Global Initiative for Ethical Considerations in the Design of Autonomous Systems seeks to inform and influence:
- Government policy makers
- Corporate Board members and C-level executives
- United Nations and other international agencies
- Academic Educators
How to Participate
To learn more about the Initiative, please contact one or more of the following:
- John C. Havens, Executive Director of The IEEE Global Initiative (John.Havens.US@ieee.org)
- The Industry Connections Program Administrator
Chair: Raja Chatila, CNRS-CNRS-Sorbonne UPMC Institute of Intelligent Systems and Robotics, Paris, France; Member of the French Commission on the Ethics of Digital Sciences and Technologies CERNA; Past President of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (firstname.lastname@example.org)