December 2016 | In This Issue
PARs Approved September 2016
- IEEE P802.3.2™ (C/LM) Standard for Ethernet YANG Data Model Definitions
- IEEE P2675™ (C/S2ESC) DevOps - Standard for Building Reliable and Secure Systems Including Application Build, Package and Deployment
- IEEE P42020™ (C/S2ESC) Standard for Systems and Software Engineering -- Architecture Processes
- IEEE P1680.2a™ (C/SAB) Standard for Environmental Assessment of Imaging Equipment Amendment 1
- IEEE P1680.3a™ (C/SAB) Standard for Environmental Assessment of Televisions Amendment 1
- IEEE P1704™ (SASB/SCC31) Standard for Utility Industry End Device Communications Module
- IEEE P1897™ (EMC/SDC) Recommended Practice for the Resolution of Power-Line Gap-Noise Reports
- IEEE P1901.1™ (COM/PLC) Standard for Medium Frequency (less than 15 MHz) Power Line Communications for Smart Grid Applications
- IEEE P1918.1.1™ (COM/SDB) Haptic Codecs for the Tactile Internet
- IEEE P1921.1™ (COM/SDB) Standard for Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Bootstrapping Procedures
- IEEE P2460™ (PE/NPE) Nuclear Facilities - Instrumentation Important To Safety - Spent Fuel Pool Instrumentation
- IEEE P2760™ (PE/ED&PG) Guide for Wind Power Plant Collector System Design for Personnel Safety
- IEEE PC62.42.6™ (PE/SPDLV) Guide for the Application of Surge-Protective Components in Surge Protective Devices and Equipment Ports - Part 6 High Frequency Signal Isolation Transformers
- IEEE PC62.69a™ (PE/SPDLV) Standard for the Surge Parameters of Isolating Transformers Used in Networking Devices and Equipment Amendment: Addition of Clause 4.5 Saturated Core Secondary Winding Parameters
- IEEE PC93.5™ (PE/PSC) Standard for Power Line Carrier Transmitter/Receiver Equipment used to Transfer Discrete Teleprotection Signals
New Standards Approved September 2016
- IEEE 56™ (PE/EM) IEEE Draft Guide for Insulation Maintenance of Electric Machines
- IEEE 802.15.4u™ (C/LM) IEEE Draft Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Part 15.4: Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs) Amendment for Use of the 865-867 MHz Band in India
- IEEE 802.3bn™ (C/LM) IEEE Draft Standard for Ethernet - Amendment: Physical Layer Specifications and Management Parameters for Ethernet Passive Optical Networks Protocol over Coax
- IEEE 802.3bz™ (C/LM) IEEE Draft Standard for Ethernet Amendment: Media Access Control Parameters, Physical Layers and Management Parameters for 2.5 Gb/s and 5 Gb/s Operation
- IEEE 1819™ (PE/NPE) IEEE Draft Standard for Risk-Informed Categorization and Treatment of Electrical and Electronic Equipment at Nuclear Power Generating Stations and Other Nuclear Facilities
- IEEE 1849™ (CIS/SC) IEEE Draft Standard for XES - eXtensible Event Stream - For Achieving Interoperability in Event Logs and Event Streams
- IEEE 1858™ (BOG/CAG) IEEE Draft Standard for Camera Phone Image Quality (CPIQ)
- IEEE 1898™ (BOG/CAG) IEEE Draft Standard for High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Composite Post Insulators
- IEEE 11073-10427™ (EMB/11073) IEEE Draft Health Informatics - Personal Health Device Communication - Part 10427: Device Specialization - Power Status Monitor of Personal Health Devices
- IEEE 11073-20702™ (EMB/11073) IEEE Draft Standard for Medical Devices Communication Profile for Web Services
- IEEE 29119-5™ (C/S2ESC) ISO/IEC/IEEE Draft International Standard - Software and Systems Engineering - Software Testing - Part 5: Keyword-Driven Testing
- IEEE C37.20.10™ (PE/SWG) IEEE Draft Standard for Definitions for AC (52 kV and Below) and DC (3.2 kV and Below) Switchgear Assemblies
- IEEE C37.42™ (PE/SWG) IEEE Draft Standard Specifications for High-Voltage (>1000 V) Fuses and Accessories
- IEEE C62.42.1™ (PE/SPDLV) IEEE Draft Guide for the Application of Surge-Protective Components in Surge Protective Devices and Equipment Ports - Part 1 Gas Discharge Tubes (GDTs)
NEW Industry Connections Activities
Standards Focus Newsletter
Sign Up Now!
The following entities joined the IEEE-SA Corporate Membership Community:
- ChargePoint, Inc.
- China Wearable Computing and Strategic Alliance
- HP, Inc.
- Hohai University
- IoTecha Corp
- Jiangsu Shenma Electric Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co., Ltd
The best question in the standards process is nearly always “What do you think?,” and now we’re asking it, too. In each issue of Corporate Standards Focus we’re going to ask you for feedback to help us understand better how to serve you, and to pinpoint areas that you may not think we’re focusing on sufficiently. Here’s the first question: What do you think are the most compelling trends in technology? Or to put it other ways: Which are you most interested in reading about? What do you wish more people, including us, were talking about?
Drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll randomly draw from the responses and send one respondent an IEEE tie or scarf!