ABOUT THE IEEE INDUSTRY CONNECTIONS - CONVERGENCE OF SMART HOME AND BUILDING ARCHITECTURES
The IEEE-Standards Association Industry Connections - Convergence of Smart Home and Building Architectures (CSHBA) group is working on pre-standardization efforts for the Convergence of Smart Home and Building Architectures. One of the motivations for this activity is the striking similarities among the communications network architectures of smart home and building environments as they relate to applications including electric vehicle, home or building energy management, infotainment, etc. However, a gap exists for interworking among these various domains. In addition, although today users are able to access many domains through their TVs, smart phones and tablets, an effort is needed to enable seamless user experience that spans multiple application domains.
In addition to addressing interworking, our solutions must consider the following:
- Inter-domain communication,
- Secure separation and privacy of data belonging to various domains,
- Association and admission control (the ability to add new devices easily),
- System and device maintenance (the ability to monitor the "health" of nodes in the system).
For further information on our goals, benefits, and deliverables, please download our Overview Presentation.
IC-CSHBA at SmartAmerica
On 11 June 2014 the IC-CSHBA participated in the SmartAmerica Challenge Expo in Washington DC. The goal of SmartAmerica is to develop IoT projects that could create jobs, business opportunities, and socioeconomic benefits for the United States.
The IC-CSHBA gave a presentation and hosted an exhibit with 2 demos:
- Infineon Secure SmartHome Demo
- CISC and Lantiq - Controlling/Monitoring of Smart Devices using existing infrastructure
The entity-based IEEE-SA Convergence of Smart Home and Building Architectures activity encourages participation from new entity members who wish to join our activity, or alliances and industry organizations that wish to establish a liaison with our activity. For further information or to request IC-CSHBA membership, email the IC-CSHBA Project Manager.
- AIT (Austrian Institute of Technology)
- CISC Semiconductor
- LG Electronics
- R545.Org Corporation
- Sustainable Innovation
- State Grid Corporation of China