Smart, Safe & Trustworthy TransporationFuture vehicles will be more and more connected, automated, and smart due to computerization and software embedded intelligence. While vehicle manufacturers drive the evolution of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) toward fully automated cars, the ICT sector’s aspiration is to leapfrog autonomous driving. Stakeholders from both industries in the converging mobility ecosystem have to work together to build trust in autonomous vehicles by ensuring safety, security, and more.
Build Trust in Autonomous Vehicles
- Enabling technologies for highly automated driving include sensors and sensor fusion, connectivity (intra-vehicle, V2x), high definition maps, and various AI techniques for different purposes including object recognition, path planning, and decision making.
- An autonomous vehicle is not trustworthy without being safe. However, trustworthiness implies reliability, availability, resilience, etc. Additional safety risks due to AI black box embedded functionality must be mitigated. Safety must be secured.
Data Driven Automotive Engineering
- ADAS development and validation of highly automated vehicles are two challenging data intensive engineering processes. Huge amounts of data need to be managed and governed, in particular for machine learning.
- Testing, verification, and validation of autonomous vehicles are a challenge. Standardized solutions are required as the foundation for homologation and type approval.
Vehicle Architecture Evolution and Automotive Platform Business
- Future vehicle architectures will be shaped by ICT technologies. It is expected that TSN/automotive Ethernet will serve as a communication backbone, with more and more sensors and a more centralized computing platform attached.
- Autonomous vehicles will generate and consume an ever-increasing abundance of data. Exchanging and sharing data is the basis to leverage intelligence hidden in data. New business models will be implemented by monetizing data.
- An e2e data infrastructure will integrate vehicle platforms and platform businesses offering a multitude of B2B and B2C services.
[email protected] is the premier venue for automobile manufacturers, suppliers, semiconductor vendors, tool providers, engineers, scientists, educators, and the media to share groundbreaking ideas along with implementation strategies and applications related to automotive Ethernet systems.