The 2024 IEEE SA Ethernet & IP @ Automotive Technology Day (E&IP@ATD) is the premier venue for automobile manufacturers, suppliers, semiconductor vendors, tool providers, engineers, scientists, educators, and the media to share groundbreaking ideas along with implementation strategies and applications related to Automotive Ethernet Systems. Attendees will receive and share information, and actively participate in the latest developments in shaping Automotive Ethernet into a globally deployed, volume car automotive network.
Call for Abstracts
The theme for 2024 is: “Can Automotive Ethernet Scale Infinitely?”.
The 2024 event will offer special opportunities for participants to reflect on the current status of Automotive Ethernet and discuss the path to the infinitely scaling in-Vehicle Network.
The Program Committee is now calling experts from leading organizations to propose abstracts for this year’s program. Preference will be given to presentations that are different from those seen at other events. Presentations must provide insights into developments, trends, or solutions with respect to one or more of the following topics:
- Challenges with replacing legacy automotive networks with Ethernet
- Current automotive use-cases and future perspectives
- Ethernet network design and specification
- Ethernet requirements for L3 and L4 driving applications
- Safety, security, and reliability of Ethernet communications
- Markets and strategies
- Tools and tests methods
- Present and future physical layer and protocol solutions
Examples of problems include but are not limited to the following:
- Mix of data rates in one network
- Emerging opportunities for Ethernet
- Role of Ethernet in software defined vehicles
- Scalable networking platform for low content to high content vehicles
- Impact of 48V Architecture on in-vehicle networks
- System-wide trade-offs in hardware and software for traffic management
- Issues associated with sharing high-bandwidth sensor data (e.g., cameras) in real-time between ECUs
- How can Ethernet, TSN, and higher layers support zonal and service-oriented (SOA) architectures?
- How can the configuration of networks be made more flexible, automated, and dynamic?
- Ethernet channel signal integrity requirements and verification
- Electromagnetic Compatibility: Cable assessment to compliance testing