About the Activity
Trusted decentralized networking is necessary for the 6G era, which will offer significant advancements in network capacity and data transmission rates. A decentralized system will be able to provide on-demand network connectivity, computing, and storage capabilities, supporting intelligent decision-making at different levels.
To accommodate the massive amounts of data that will converge into 6G and the Internet, trusted decentralized infrastructure must be built using various technologies such as blockchain, privacy-preserving computing, and information-centric networking. This infrastructure will be critical for applications such as smart cities, digital finance, smart water, smart healthcare, and smart manufacturing in the 6G era.
Goals of the Activity
The goal is researching trustworthy decentralized Internet towards 6G era include but are not limited to:
- Predicting the demand for trustworthy decentralized Internet infrastructure for verticals in the 6G era by studying and practice in the current development status and trends of verticals.
- Blockchain-empowered AI will be proposed as a new paradigm towards 6G networking, providing a unified framework for trustworthy and secure communication.
- Identify gaps between current internet infrastructure and trusted decentralized internet infrastructure in the 6G era and corresponding standard gaps for further standardization.
Who Should Get Involved
- Telecommunication operators.
- Finance companies and virtual banks.
- Property management companies.
- Blockchain Technology companies.
- IT companies.
- Universities and Institutes.
How to Get Involved
To learn more about the activity and how to join, please express your interest by filling out the Trusted Decentralized Networking Towards 6G Era interest form.