About the Activity
Engagement and gap analysis in standardization on subject like 6G, Quantum Communication, AI, Telecom Security, advanced optical communications, advanced wireless communication etc. The goal of the IC activity is to bring together all the stakeholders (policy, regulator, service provider and technologies across telecom sector in India) to create a viable systematic and meaningful roadmap in contributing and collaborating with the IEEE Standards activities in India. The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC) are well versed in collaborating and participating in the standardization activities of ITU, however not as much with IEEE. Through this Industry connections program, we would like to involve all the stakeholders and organizational units of DoT in identifying standard projects, publishing white papers, technology focused workshops etc.
Goals of the Activity
- Create a series of Workshops/ conferences under the banner of IC program focused on – 6G, Quantum Communication, AI, Telecom Security, advanced optical communications, advanced wireless communication etc.
- Deliver annual & quarterly reports with recommendations of the group on actions for each specific technology.
- Identify gaps in standards for developing new standards.
Who Should Get Involved
- TEC/ DoT and concerned organizations/ stakeholders viz.
- National Telecommunications Institute (NTIPRIT)
- Centre For Development Of Telematics (C-DOT)
- Indian Telephone Industries (ITI)
- Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- Telecom Manufacturers
- Telecom Service Providers
- Researchers & Academia
How to Get Involved
To learn more about the activity and how to join, please express your interest by filling out The Strengthening Telecom Standardization Activities in India interest form.