IEEE realizes that many are directly or indirectly engaged in the fight against COVID-19 and its effects on global health and safety, research, infrastructure, communications, and more. IEEE has identified articles and standards from the IEEE Xplore digital library that may help researchers understand and manage different aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic and technologies that can be leveraged to combat it. IEEE has made these standards available at no cost to help speed developmental response to the current global health crisis. These standards are now free to access, with additional rights for all types of reuse, including full text and data mining, and analysis.
Medical Device/Equipment Related Standards
- 11073-10424-2016 – ISO/IEEE International Standard – Health informatics–Personal health device communication – Part 10424: Device Specialization–Sleep Apnoea Breathing Therapy Equipment (SABTE)
- 11073-10421-2010 – Health informatics–Personal health device communication Part 10421: Device specialization–Peak expiratory flow monitor (peak flow)
- 2010-2012 – IEEE Recommended Practice for Neurofeedback Systems
- 1708-2014 – IEEE Standard for Wearable Cuffless Blood Pressure Measuring Devices
- 1708a-2019 – IEEE Standard for Wearable, Cuffless Blood Pressure Measuring Devices – Amendment 1
- 1680.2-2012 – IEEE Standard for Environmental Assessment of Imaging Equipment
- 1680.2a-2017 – IEEE Standard for Environmental Assessment of Imaging Equipment – Amendment 1
- C63.27-2017 – American National Standard for Evaluation of Wireless Coexistence
3D Printing Relevant Standards
- 3333.1.2-2017 – IEEE Standard for the Perceptual Quality Assessment of Three-Dimensional (3D) and Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) Contents
- 3333.2.1-2015 – IEEE Recommended Practice for Three-Dimensional (3D) Medical Modeling
Get InvolvedLooking to do more to make a difference? Join a global network of industry and technology experts and thought leaders that change the way people live, work, and communicate. Learn more about current Industry Connections activities.
Looking for a different standard?
If you are looking for inclusion of a different standard to further developmental research in response to COVID-19, please submit the form below with a brief explanation and someone will get back to you.