2017 National Electrical Safety Code® (NESC®)
Produced exclusively by IEEE, the NESC specifies best practice standards for the safety of electric supply and communication utility systems at both public and private utilities. The NESC is revised every 5 years to keep the Code up-to-date with changes in the industry and technology.
The NESC sets the ground rules for practical safeguarding of persons during the installation, operation, and maintenance of power, telephone, cable TV, and railroad signal systems. It also includes work rules for the construction, maintenance, and operation of electric supply and communication lines and equipment. The NESC continues to be a definitive safety reference for utilities, their employees, contractors and manufacturers — as well as telephone companies, cable TV providers, railways and other organizations in the exercise of their functions as a utility.
2017 NESC® Handbook, Premier Edition
The 2017 NESC Handbook Premier Edition represents commentary by contributors, and is a next-generation tool for the professional who wants to improve their understanding of the NESC and includes a representation of NESC text. It gives users insight into:
- A history of the NESC’s Rules
- How the Rules might be applied
- Background interspersed and coincident with the represented portions of Code being discussed and highlighted
- Responses to change proposals during the past 90 years
NESC® Handbook, Eighth Edition
Discusses Grounding Rules, General Rules, and Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the 3rd (1920) through 2017 Editions of the NESC. No representation of the Code text is included.
New for the NESC 2017 Edition, this set of 48 durable, self-adhesive tabs is compatible with both the NESC 2017 Edition and 2017 NESC Handbook. The tabs are color-coded to make locating important information fast and easy. The set includes easy-to-affix preprinted press-and-stick tabs and write-your-own blanks.
IEEE App for NESC® 2017 Edition
The NESC 2017 App available for iOS, Android, and Windows™ provides easy access to the Code via your mobile device or tablet. A great reference source for those in the field, the NESC 2017 App will include all of the content of the printed code with enhanced features:
- Easy access to all Parts including frontmatter of the NESC
- All referenced diagrams, charts, and drawings
- Instant access to formulas, equations and calculations with context
- Ability to quickly look up terms using the Dictionary feature
- Access to media related to the NESC