The electric vehicle charging technologies and supporting infrastructure are key factors that influence car buyers’ purchasing decisions. In a rapidly evolving industry, the IEEE portfolio of standards, test suite specification and conformity assessment program are crucial to the further deployment of safe and efficient DC rapid EV chargers
IEEE EV Charging Standards
IEEE 2030.1.1™ Std for Technical Specifications of a DC Quick and Bi-directional Charger for Use with Electric Vehicles
The IEEE 2030.1.1 standard specifies the design interface of electric vehicles and direct current (dc) quick chargers that promote interoperability and rapid charging of electric vehicles. This standard was revised to cover additional functionality which includes additional design requirements to cover the latest technological advancements in the field of bi-directional charging (V2X), ultra-rapid charging up to 400 kW and Smart (dynamic control) charging.
IEEE P2030.1.2™ Std for Technical Specifications for Ultra-High-Power Electric Vehicle Chargers
IEEE P2030.1.2 standard currently under development will be a game changer. The standard will allow power ratings of 500 kW or more, enable dynamic current control and bi-directional charging (for vehicle-to-home, vehicle-to-building and vehicle-to-grid power transfers), be backward compatible with existing DC fast charging standards (IEEE 2030.1.1, CHAdeMO 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 version, and potentially other standards such as GB/T 20234).
Conformity Assessment Steering Committee
Oversight for the IEEE EV Charging certification program is provided by the IEEE EV charging Conformity Assessment Steering Committee (CASC), comprised of industry stakeholders, that will benefit users, manufacturers, network operators, regulators, and ultimately EV buyers.
Why you should join:
As a member of the EV Charging CASC, you’ll be joining an outstanding constituency of members in the domain of power and energy who share a common vision to accelerate IEEE standards adoption through conformity assessment and certification programs.
Benefits for Participants:
- Networking opportunities with major stakeholders
- Voting rights on test plans and conformity assessment process
- Early access to all test plans, standards and certification policies
- Demonstrate to buyers that certified fast chargers conform with IEEE 2030.1 or 2030.1.2 standards
- Program participants adhere to the IEEE 2030.1.x certification scheme
- Testing is performed by IEEE recognized test laboratories
- All certified devices bear the IEEE Certified Mark and are listed on the IEEE Registry
Who Should Participate
- Automobile Manufacturers
- Charger / Connector Manufacturers
- Government or Regulatory Agencies
- Test Laboratories
For more information, contact us at [email protected].
News & Events
- Pilot Testing commences for IEEE EV Charging Certification Program
- IEC/IEEE 60780-323™ IEEE Forms Committee to Develop a Certification Plan for Rapid Charging of Electric Vehicles and Approves Standard Revision on Dynamic DC Charging up to 400kW
- IEC/IEEE 60780-323™ Standard Proposes Safety Requirements for Qualifying Equipment