About the Activity
With the rapid growth of the Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR) industry, the IEEE VR/AR Working Group has attracted hundreds of experts from all over the world. As the Working Group is an entity-based group, there have been many discussions and strong interest to form an individual-based group to encourage and accommodate wider participation.
The IEEE VR/AR Advisory Board, as the long-anticipated individual-based group, will provide advice, proposals, and other input for the IEEE VR/AR Working Group.
The IEEE VR/AR Advisory Board will also serve as an ideal home for other work items (e.g., white papers, events) while the IEEE VR/AR Working Group will focus on standards development.
Goals of the Activity
Proposed deliverables and outcomes from this Industry Connections activity may include documents (e.g., white papers, reports), proposals for standards, conferences and workshops, databases, computer code, etc. The deliverables of this activity will be:
- Documents (e.g., white papers, reports), including but not limited to:
- IEEE VR/AR Technology Outlook
- Proposals for standards, including but not limited to:
- New PARs for IEEE VR/AR Working Group and other Working Groups related to VR/AR
- Conferences, workshops, challenges, and competitions, including but not limited to:
- Metaverse Innovation Challenge
Who Should Get Involved
We welcome new participants from large and small corporations, academia, industry, and government agencies that are interested in the IEEE-VR-AR Advisory Board. Members will include but are not limited to:
- Device manufacturers
- Content providers
- Service providers
- Technology developers
- Government agencies
- End users and other parties that are relevant to Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR)
How to Get Involved
To learn more about the program and how to join the IEEE VR/AR Advisory Board activity, please express your interest by sending an inquiry to the activity chair whose information can be found in the Contacts section.