About the Activity
Digital transformation is the integration of three developing trends and capabilities. First is the adoption of advanced digital technologies such as IoT, AI, Big Data, Digital Twin, VR/AR/MR/XR, Blockchain, etc. Second is the reformulation of business platforms and processes to operate in a lean, resilient, and real-time collaborative manner with customers and supplier networks. Third is the shift in workforce engagement to operate using virtual and boundary-less teams. The result is to significantly improve operations or disruptively enable new business models.
This Industry Connections (IC) activity is dedicated to advancing the adoption and integration of digital transformation in various industry sectors by providing standards, recommended practices, guides, and reference implementations.
Goals of the Activity
This IC activity will serve as a home and a global community for pre-, post-, and non-standardization activities around digital transformation:
- Study groups that lead to the discovery of standardization opportunities for digital transformation in different sectors, industries, or verticals
- Programs to advocate the completed standards for digital transformation and facilitate the certification
- Forums, consultant’s networks, and a global center of excellence to share reference cases, lessons learned, and business opportunities in the implementation and operation of digital transformation in various companies and institutions
Who Should Get Involved
We welcome new participants from large and small corporations, academia, industry, government agencies, and any individuals that are interested in the Association for Digital Transformation. Members would include but are not limited to:
- Agriculture, forestry, and fishing
- Transportation, communications, electric, gas, and sanitary service
- Wholesale trade
- Retail trade
- Finance, insurance, and real estate
- Public administration
How to Get Involved
To learn more about the program and how to join the Association for Digital Transformation activity, please express your interest by sending an inquiry to the activity chair whose information can be found in the Contacts section.