As an organization built around consensus and collaboration, IEEE SA coordinates with various bodies and organizations from around the world. Our engagement is through membership and technical group liaisons, as well as through agreements that:
- Promote adoption and distribution of standards in different regions or countries
- Enable joint development of standards
- Encourage participants from around the world to participate in our standards development process
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration between technical communities
- Foster collaboration on joint initiatives
Our collaborations provide flexible frameworks to help improve mutual understanding of standardization and related needs and priorities, increase coordination on standards issues, and strengthen the ability of IEEE and our collaborators to promote the development of impactful consensus-based standards and identify opportunities to advance our respective and collective missions.