AboutThis Industry Connections activity is to raise awareness at the consumer and manufacturer sectors and work with regulators to promote secure practices in the IoT ecosystem with a view of IoT as an inextricably linked ecosystem comprised of people, processes, and technology. By 2025, there will be more than 21 billion IoT devices, which means every sector including healthcare, smart energy, industrial IoT, smart cities, and every individual and household will have IoT dependency for improved efficiency, process optimization, or ease. With the IoT growing bigger and ever more complex, the question arises of how companies will keep pace; and without a doubt, technology enabling IoT will become a prime and easy target for cybercriminals.
Get InvolvedWe welcome new participants from large and small corporations, academia, industry, government agencies, and any individuals who are interested in IoT Ecosystem Security. Members would include but are not limited to:
- Industrial IoT industry (device manufacturers, system integrators)
- Consumer IoT ecosystem
- Regulatory bodies
- Healthcare providers
- Entities focused on critical infrastructure
Possible Industry OutcomesProposed deliverables and outcomes from this Industry Connections activity may include documents (e.g., white papers, reports), proposals for standards and guidelines, conferences, webinars and workshops, databases, computer code, etc.
- Draft white paper and report on IoT security framework which identifies current architectures and the need to address secure practices in the IoT ecosystem
- Perform gap analysis with regard to existing standards (Dec 2021)
- Develop recommendations for best practice standard/guidelines
- Conduct workshops, conferences for awareness on IoT security and best practices