One of the motivations for this activity is the striking similarities among the communications network architectures of smart home and building environments as they relate to applications including electric vehicle, home or building energy management, infotainment, etc. However, a gap exists for interworking among these various domains. In addition, although today users are able to access many domains through their TVs, smart phones and tablets, an effort is needed to enable seamless user experience that spans multiple application domains.
In addition to addressing interworking, our solutions must consider the following:
- Inter-domain communication,
- Secure separation and privacy of data belonging to various domains,
- Association and admission control (the ability to add new devices easily),
- System and device maintenance (the ability to monitor the "health" of nodes in the system).
For further information on our goals, benefits, and deliverables, please download our Overview Presentation.
IC-CSHBA AT SMARTAMERICA
On 11 June 2014 the IC-CSHBA participated in the SmartAmerica Challenge Expo in Washington DC. The goal of SmartAmerica is to develop IoT projects that could create jobs, business opportunities, and socioeconomic benefits for the United States.
The IC-CSHBA gave a presentation and hosted an exhibit with 2 demos:
- Infineon Secure Smart Home Demo
- CISC and Lantiq - Controlling/Monitoring of Smart Devices using existing infrastructure
Please see our SmartAmerica overview and press release for more details.