The IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) has been active in Connected Vehicle standards, as well as related standards activities focused in areas such as Electric Vehicle (EV) integration and Autonomous Systems. The Automotive Technology Initiative (ATI) provides a platform that brings together the global technical community working across these automotive industry topics in a collaborative environment to share knowledge, discuss issues and identify standards related solutions to drive innovation and accelerate emerging technology adoption.
The ATI Industry Connections program will operate as a collaborative platform providing a neutral environment where companies and individuals can work towards consensus solutions and deliverables in advance of formal standardization projects. This program will initially focus on communications technology approaches as well as autonomous vehicle technology.
EXPLORATION OF THIS ACTIVITY MAY INCLUDE:
- An industry focused collaboration group where manufacturers can discuss key technical issues and priorities, providing direction and advisory guidance towards new IEEE standards that support and advance automotive technologies
- Three focus areas for identification of issues and priorities as well as approaches for standards related solutions. These focus areas will be refined by the participants, and new topics will form based on consensus recommendations of the group:
- Automotive Connectivity – wireless, cellular and wired – a holistic view of current standards, gaps, and considerations towards an approach for the next generation of automotive connectivity
- Autonomous Vehicles – technical considerations and potential standardization topics for artificial intelligence and systems infrastructure that accelerate autonomous vehicles
- Vehicle to Grid (V2G) integration – electric vehicle interconnection issues, charging, V2G communications, etc.
- A new IEEE-SA standards series for automotive technology, building next-generation standards, while leveraging current and past IEEE standards for connected vehicles and vehicular infrastructure
- An autonomous vehicle technology policy interest group, bringing together automotive technologists, policy makers and other stakeholders to identify issues, build consensus, and provide guidance and recommendations that build trust and accelerated adoption of autonomous vehicles
Deliverables and outcomes from this Industry Connections activity may include:
- A recommendations and roadmap report on accelerating new vehicular communications systems and standards
- Proposals for new standards (PARs) in support of the recommendations on vehicular communications systems
- Stakeholder workshops to share and discuss information on communication systems alternatives, automotive technology policy issues and other topics as determined by the members of this activity
Participants in this activity may include but are not limited to:
- Automotive Manufacturers
- Suppliers to the Automotive Industry
- Autonomous Vehicle Developers
- Transportation Infrastructure Stakeholders
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To express your interest in joining this IC activity, please send an inquiry to: