The IEEE Trusted Data and Artificial Intelligence Systems (AIS) Playbook for Financial Services
The Playbook is an industry-specific implementation guide that encourages technologists in the financial services to prioritize human wellbeing and ethical considerations in the application of data regarding Artificial Intelligence Systems (AIS). The Playbook incorporates IEEE’s Ethically Aligned Design (first edition), IEEE 7000™ series of standards, and ECPAIS certifications to provide a theoretical framework for implementing responsible data and AIS in financial institutions while outlining the global regulatory landscape with its impacts on the future development of AIS and ethics.
Download the Playbook by submitting the following form:
The IEEE Finance Playbook's Purpose
Curate, summarize, and contextualize trusted data and AIS implementation high-level requirements and best practices in financial services for: Line of Business (LoB) executives; Digital, Innovation, and Transformation Program executives; Chief Risk Officers (CRO); Chief Technology Officers (CTO); Chief Data and Analytics Officers (CAO/CDO/CDAO); Chief Information Officers (CIO); and other executive sponsors with relevant mandates.
Provide a trusted data and AIS sandbox/community to help financial services organizations learn more about the Ethically Aligned Design (EAD) methodology, standards (e.g., IEEE 7000™), and certification programs (e.g., ECPAIS) for high-value AIS use cases, digital applications, and intelligent workflows.
Organize participation in trusted data and AIS community activities such as: quarterly benchmarking surveys, a trusted data and AIS sandbox, best practices calls, and the latest version of the IEEE Finance Playbook.
IEEE’s Ethically Aligned Design (first edition), IEEE 7000™ series of standards, and ECPAIS certifications are also incorporated into the playbook to provide a theoretical framework for implementing responsible data and analytics in Canadian financial institutions while outlining the global regulatory landscape with its impacts on the future development of AI and ethics.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Download a copy of the IEEE Finance Playbook.
- Take our 20-minute anonymous companion survey on Trusted Data and AIS Readiness to receive an evaluation of your organization’s Trusted Data and AIS Readiness and guidance on how best to use the Playbook.
- Provide comments for Version 1.0 of the IEEE Finance Playbook.
- Input on Version 1.0 should be sent by email to [email protected] by 1 May 2021.
- Collected responses will be publicly available on the website no later than 1 June 2021.
Who Can Get Involved?
We welcome participation from organizations in both the public and private sectors, and academia to help shape the future of Trusted Data and Artificial Intelligence System (AIS). We invite organizations in the following areas, as well as other interested stakeholders to participate:
- Banks/financial institutions
- Policymakers focused on financial regulation
- Consulting firms
- Representatives of end users/banking customers
- Consumer protection agencies focused on financial customer rights/benefits
We look forward to your feedback and participation.
By inviting comments and gathering survey data for Version 1.0, the IEEE Finance Playbook provides the opportunity to bring together diverse voices from the related finance and data science communities, to generate a broad consensus on pressing ethical and societal issues, as well as welcome recommendations on the development and implementation of AIS technologies.
How to Participate
To learn how to join the Trusted Data & Artificial Intelligence Systems (AIS) Playbook for Finance Initiative team, please express your interest by sending an inquiry to:
- Finextra.com Article: The IEEE Trusted Data and AIS Playbook for Financial Services (IEEE Finance Playbook) 06 May 2021