About the Activity
The proposed Industry Connections (IC) program seeks to create a flexible platform to debate technology, techno economics, market penetration, policy, regulatory requirements of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and broadly work on the following three aspects to progress the deployment of UAS across various sectors (for example e-commerce, Governance, Agriculture, Healthcare, Disaster Relief, etc.):
- Create Thought Evolving and Thought Leadership platform with an emphasis on India in the context of the recently declared policies by the Government of India relating to deployment, operation (including Drones-As-A-Service), and safety regulations for Unmanned Aerial Systems
- To define and structure multiple study groups to work on specific sectors
- Review various technologies and application dynamics domain-wise a. Technology options focused on the techno-economic viability. Understand the techno-economic realities of the country and adopt appropriate technologies
- Looking at the technology from an application perspective
- Discuss and debate on the issues from design & development to material, energy storage, fueling, etc.
Goals of the Activity
The following are some of the deliverables this IC program plans to achieve
- Use case studies and operational scenarios
- Policy and regulatory recommendations
- Identify gaps and propose new standards
- Recommendations on standardization of components, landing sites and ground equipment, etc.
Who Should Get Involved
- Drone/UAS manufacturers
- Drone/UAS components/systems/subsystems/software manufacturers/developers
How to Get Involved
To learn more about the program and how to join the Unmanned Aerial Systems Forum activity, please express your interest by sending an inquiry to the activity chair whose information can be found in the Contacts section.