Welcome to the Second InDIITA Open Space Tech Workshop
The IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) is pleased to present its second two-day InDIITA Workshop in Bangalore, India.
Building on last year’s success that included 26 sessions with rigorous participation from 65 attendees representing 22 different countries, the goal of the 2019 workshop is to develop an outcome-based community that will continue to address the following challenges:
- Securing affordable accessibility for disconnected communities within India
- Building a trust framework for protecting the digital persona
- Enabling the digital citizen’s right to manage (agency) who, when, what and how they want to transact with other entities.
- Read the 2018 InDITA Book of Proceedings and see all the notes and event information for yourself.
You Set the Agenda
InDIITA is an Open Space Workshop that utilizes an “attendee-based participatory experience” to work on solutions needed in the world of identity today. Rather than having a pre-set agenda and canned presentations, attendees will set a multi-track agenda that meets their needs in real-time.
At an Open Space workshop, you’re invited to speak and share, raise questions, or ask for input. Whether you have an idea for a session right away or think of one in the middle of the workshop, you are welcome to propose it and run a session.
Who Should Attend?
Technologists, researchers, government regulators, academics, ethicists and more are all welcome and needed. Just bring your expertise and readiness to collaborate in finding the right solutions.
Who Benefits from Participating?
- You are an innovative, inquisitive or progressive business or technical professional with responsibilities within the areas of digital inclusion, data privacy, identity technologies, biometrics, blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), security and ethics
- You would like to better understand how deep technologies such as AI, machine learning (ML), distributed ledger technologies (DLT)/blockchain, and Self Sovereign Identity (SSI) will revolutionize the digital identities, privacy, security and more
- You are eager to engage with important stakeholders (ie. regulators, aadhaar and non aadhaar identity experts, researchers and global organizations)
- You are passionate and committed to finding better ways to create robust and scalable systems, platforms, programs for Dignity, Inclusion, Identity, Trust and Agency (DIITA)
Why You Should Participate
- This is a participatory conference. You will propose and lead sessions in real-time at the event on relevant topics, ideas and challenges that matter to you
- This is an outcome based event. InDIITA will be the platform to evaluate ideas, and design and build systems that provide affordable accessibility or empower individuals to manage their identity
- The time is right. Discussions around national identity, securing digital persona, and digital inclusion for all are immediate and require our attention
What You Will be Talking About
- Self Sovereign Identity (SSI)
- Blockchain Identity
- Individual Empowerment
- Tools for Humans
- Verified Domain Names
- Verified Email
- Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs)
- Aadhar and Non-addhar Identity Systems
- AI Technology vs Identity Privacy
- Standard for Legal Identities on Net and Blockchain
Subject Matter Experts
Dr. Greg Adamson
Chair IEEE SA Dignity, Inclusion, Identity, Trust and Agency (DIITA) Industry Connections Program
Dr. Sarbani Banerjee Belur
Senior Project Research Scientist at IIT Bombay
T B Dinesh
Designation, Technical Director, Janastu
Head Technology – Innovation & Architecture DCB BANK LTD.
Dr. V. Sridhar
Professor, Centre for IT and Public Policy, IIIT-Bangalore
Dr. Janaki Srinivasan
Assistant Professor IIIT-Bangalore
How “Open Space” Events Work
The Agenda is Created Live Each Day by You
The agenda will be created live each morning by attendees who are present at the opening of the day. Anyone who wants to host a session that day can announce the topic and choose a space and time. There is no voting or choosing, other than you and your feet deciding where you want to go. In addition, you’ll have plenty of chances to exchange ideas and network.
Dynamic Participation and Tangible Outcomes
With no assigned speakers or panels, it is about getting stuff done. The event is designed to deliver outcomes, i.e., event session notes/Book of Proceedings, new pre-standards workstreams and ideas to develop technical solutions.
Seating is Limited to 85
15% Discounted rates are available to those who book early (prior to 31 May 2019)
- IEEE Non Member = INR 4995 + taxes
- IEEE Member = INR 3250 + taxes
- IEEE Student Member = INR 1500 + taxes
- Student Non Member = INR 2000 + taxes
The Open Space Tech Activities Timeline
|Thursday, 18 July 2019|
|09:00 - 10:00||Doors Open, Registration, Continental Breakfast|
|10:00 - 10:30||Welcome IEEE and IIIT-B|
|10:30 - 11:30||Introduction Round/Agenda Creation|
|11:30 - 12:30||Open Session 1|
|12:30 - 13:30||Open Session 2|
|13:30 - 14:30||Lunch|
|14:30 - 15:30||Open Session 3|
|15:30 - 16:30||Open Session 4|
|16:30 - 17:30||Closing Circle/Session Recap & Open Gifting|
|17:30 - 18:00||Networking Reception / Conference Dinner Hosted by|
|Friday, 19 July 2019|
|08:30 - 09:30||Doors Open, Continental Breakfast, Networking|
|09:30 - 10:00||Agenda Creation|
|10:00 - 11:00||Open Session 6|
|11:00 - 12:00||Open Session 7|
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 14:00||Demo Hour|
|14:00 - 15:00||Open Session 8|
|15:00 - 16:00||Open Session 9|
|16:00 - 17:00||Closing Circle/Session Recap & Open Gifting|
Please note that if you are traveling from outside of India to the conference you may need to apply for a visa. Please consult with your local government offices for appropriate guidance on this matter.
Underwriting support enables us to support initiatives that bring technologists, business managers, identity advocates, regulatory leads, and other stakeholders together to collaborate and find ways to drive adoption of these new technologies. Your support helps us to keep prices affordable for all participants to engage and contribute to solutions, develop standards and enable commercial collaboration.