The Ethertype provides a context for interpretation of the data field of an Ethernet/802.3™ data frame (protocol identification). Refer to IEEE Std 802.3, clause 3 and especially sub-clauses 3.1.1 and 3.2.6. See also IEEE Std 802® sub-clause 10.4.
Please search the public listing to determine whether your organization has already been issued an assignment. If so, you may email us to obtain contact information for the assignment.
- Log in or create an account in order to apply for an assignment.
- A tracking number will be sent via email to the applicant. Any questions regarding your application will be sent via email to the primary email address provided at time of application.
- Applications are reviewed within 90 days and additional clarification may be required by our review committee.
- Once the application has been approved, it will be processed within 7 business days. Assignment details are sent to the primary applicant upon approval or rejection.
- IEEE 802.3™ (ISO/IEC 8802-3)
- IEEE 802®