IEEE 802.16™ OPERATOR ID (OpID)
The OpID is used as the upper 24-bits of the Base Station Identifier per IEEE Std 802.16 for use in IEEE 802.16 networks.
If your firm deploys network(s) using IEEE Std 802.16 that require Globally Unique Operator ID(s), you should apply to IEEE for your firm's IEEE 802.16 Operator ID. This is the one world-wide source of registered IEEE 802.16 Operator IDs.
Please search the public listing to determine whether your organization has already been issued an assignment. If so, you may email us to obtain contact information for the assignment.
- Log in or create an account in order to apply for an assignment.
- A tracking number will be sent via email to the applicant. Any questions regarding your application will be sent via email to the primary email address provided at time of application.
- Applications are processed within seven (7) business days from receipt of payment. Be advised that the credit card will be charged once the application is submitted. Assignment details and a Paid Invoice will be available for download once the application is approved.
- Unless otherwise noted, applications are valid for 30 days.
- Since the public listing is updated once every 24 hours, new assignments will not be immediately viewable on the directory.