In today’s healthcare ecosystem, there are millions of connected wireless medical devices powered by the Internet of Things (IoT) and biosensors that monitor and deliver life-saving treatment for patients. Found in, on, or around the patient and running autonomously in real-time, these connected devices collect critical data to help the patient better understand the impact of his/her therapeutic conditions for a more proactive approach to diagnosis.
As mobile/connected health and digital therapeutics based on wireless medical devices continue to evolve, however, wearable technology innovations bring about growing challenges to enabling trust and validation. As a result, these challenges are slowing adoption in healthcare delivery and research.
The internet of medical things (IoMTs) refers to wirelessly connected medical devices placed in, around, or on the human body with a range of applications from healthcare delivery to clinical research for autonomously monitoring and generating patients’ data shared with researchers and clinicians and stored in a cloud. IoMT is the foundation for mobile health and of a connected healthcare system.
The Global Wearables and Medical IoT Interoperability & Intelligence (WAMIII) Program from the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice offers a series of free webinars and on-demand recordings. The series features a global community of multidisciplinary stakeholders to address the complex web of challenges in fully leveraging the valuable data embedded in these devices.
Through open collaboration and building consensus, WAMIII aims to develop trusted solutions to enable responsible and seamless use of connected devices for enhancing PPAN (personal patient area network) experience and outcomes. The series also provides real-world insights of these devices for clinical research, health practice, and overall wellness.
Whether you are a technologist, clinical researcher, healthcare professional, regulator, medical device manufacturer, patient advocate, or a vested stakeholder in the development or use of these devices, we invite you to take an action by hearing expert insights on the latest innovations and bringing your expertise to contribute to the much needed global solutions through WAMIII.
Browse our growing library of on-demand webinar sessions by topic below:
- Biosensors/Wireless Medical Devices: The challenges and practical applications of new and emerging trends for sensors used in the medical device industry.
- Cybersecurity in Healthcare: Critical issues, threats and obstacles for connected wireless medical devices. Learn about various case studies and how these challenges can be addressed.
- Decentralized Clinical Trials: Accelerating drug development and achieving true patient inclusion by enabling trust and validation of technologies for clinical trials from home.
- Patient Data Privacy & Governance: Responsible solutions for patients rights and consent to sharing or transacting health data.
- Robotics/Autonomous Systems: Understanding the benefits and need for autonomous robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), and information engineering to help advance healthcare.
- Telehealth/Telemedicine: Addressing today’s challenges of remote healthcare delivery to realize the future of mobilized healthcare comprising a robust, private, and connected bioinformatics highway.
The WAMIII Virtual Talk Series will continue to share global expert perspectives towards developing solutions around safe, responsible, and validated use of connected wireless medical devices.