Through its standards work and related programs and initiatives, IEEE SA has the opportunity to coordinate with various international organizations that encourage cooperation on global problems. We work to enhance the understanding of the role of standards in facilitating innovation, supporting sustainable development and in helping to address global challenges through practical knowledge and real-world perspective. Below are some examples of our engagements.
- Providing input into the High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation report The Age of Digital Interdependence, and participating in related open consultations and dedicated groups such as the 3C Roundtable on Artificial Intelligence.
- Participating in the UNESCO global dialogue on AI and coordinating on international cooperation and digital skills.
- Contributing to UNICEF’s AI and Child Rights Project addressing children’s data rights.
- Participating in IGF, contributing to and guiding discussions at the intersection of internet-related public policy and technology in the areas of technical standards and technology applications and their impact on privacy, security and wellbeing.
- Leading workshops and enhancing dialogues at the WSIS as part of our global efforts to connect technologists and standards experts from an array of technology and industry domains with policy experts to help improve the understanding of technology and standards and their impact on global issues.
- Coordinating with ITU on its Child Online Protection Guidelines and collaborating on ICT standards topics via our Sector Membership.
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Participating in the Expert Group on AI.
- Serving as a member of the Network of Experts on AI (One AI).
- Serving as a member of the Internet Technology Advisory Committee.
World Economic Forum
- Collaborating on the development of and participating in the Coalition for Digital Intelligence, a cross sector cooperative network of organizations from around the world that aims to improve global digital intelligence by coordinating efforts across educational and technology communities through collaboration with OECD, DQ Institute and WEF.
- Participating in the Internet for All Initiative to accelerate technical innovations and strengthen the policy and regulatory environment with the aim of increasing internet accessibility.