About the Program
The IEEE Government Engagement Program on Standards (GEPS) helps government bodies meet their technology, standards and policy goals–from enabling technical excellence and global interoperability to promoting safety, sustainability and innovation to foster economic growth and society prosperity. Through a technical standards lens, it provides resources and connections to assist participants address technology, business and governance issues within their respective portfolio of work and their efforts in deploying policies.
By participating in IEEE GEPS, governments have the opportunity to engage directly with standards development and industry experts and help shape standards and their impact on technology transformation, policy and regulation. Participants receive tailored information through bespoke webinars and bi-lateral consultations with technical standards experts.
- Enhancing knowledge of the IEEE standards development process and understanding of IEEE standards in regulatory and policy frameworks
- Assisting governments on how market-led standards can help provide sound and flexible solutions and enable innovation
- Connecting with IEEE standards’ communities and those involved in the global standardization ecosystem to help governments meet their objectives
In IEEE GEPS, government bodies:
- Are recognized by IEEE as having official Observer Status on the IEEE Standards Board
- Gain access to timely information on IEEE standards and related activities
- Connect with global IEEE standards leadership, technical and industry experts, and fellow GEPS participants from around the world
- Have a dedicated program contact to assist with program participation
IEEE GEPS is open to representatives from governments from around the world, including from:
- Agencies and Bureaus
- Centres and Commissions
- National Authorities and Secretariats
- Offices and Departments
- Regulatory Bodies
- and other governmental bodies
Participating in IEEE GEPS is predominantly online, noting that GEPS participants are invited to IEEE SA governance meetings. There are no fees nor binding obligations associated with being involved in the program.
Participants by Country
Please contact us via this form: