Two Types of Processes. Two Types of Membership.
The type of membership necessary depends on the types of projects on which you wish to participate. Read more below:
Individual Membership & Projects
Individual Membership is designed for individuals and independent professionals interested in participating in standards development with the IEEE-SA. While membership is not required for participation, membership allows participants to ballot on standards and assume leadership roles in standards working groups.
Individual projects follow a set path from concept to completion, which adheres to the principles of due process, openness and consensus building. These principles allow for equity and fair play, so that no one dominates the process. While participants may represent the interests of their employers, individual members participate in the process and ballot as individuals, rather than as a corporate entity.
- Engage in an unlimited number of Individual Projects
- Ballot on unlimited number of Individual Projects
- Initiate new Individual Projects
- Assume leadership positions on working groups
- Participate in IEEE-SA Board of Governors & Elections
- Monthly IEEE-SA Newswire
- Discount on the purchase of IEEE standards
Corporate Membership & Projects
Corporate Membership is recommended for companies in which standards play a pivotal role in research, product development and marketing. Corporate participants enjoy networking and exposure across a broad cross-section of industry thought leaders and standards participants.
The Corporate Program allows companies to engage and influence technology development to ensure their business interests are heard and represented. Ensuring a uniform playing field among standards collaborators, all corporate standards are balloted using a “one-company, one-vote” principle.
- Unlimited corporate working group (observing) attendees
- Unlimited Sponsor Balloting of Corporate Projects
- Tiered number of complimentary IEEE-SA Individual Memberships
- Participation in & nomination of employees for IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group (CAG) and Board of Governors (BOG) Elections
- Ability to subscribe to & access corporate program newsletters, news & alerts, events and private web areas
- Subscribe to corporate standards working group public reflectors
- Discounts on the purchase of IEEE standards
- Discounts on IEEE.tv Marketplace video placement and sponsorship
- Free listing on IEEE-SA Corporate Channel
- PLUS! Advanced Corporate Members receive:
- Unlimited working group participation
- Gain voting privileges in an unlimited number of corporate projects (Note - additional working group fees may apply)
- Initiate new corporate standards projects
- Eligibility as corporate standards projects working group officers
- Ability to participate in Industry Connections activities